Ok, so my blog has gone to pot...at least I have a good excuse!
So, I've been thinking...while we were in the NICU with Margaret we had so many people praying for her and for our family. Let me just tell you, we felt those prayers. They worked and are continuing to work as we speak! God is good! Now that we are home and starting to get a better grip on things, I would love to keep everyone updated on progress and more specific things that could use prayer. I think I will start (probably should say try to start) having "Margaret Mondays" where I will post about praise for progress we have made in areas and ask for prayers in others. It is not like Marty and I to "ask" for prayer, but when it comes to Margaret we will do whatever it takes...especially when we KNOW prayer works!
Here goes...
Margaret is growing like a weed....she is definitely "chubbing" up!
Precious girl!
She has physical, occupational, and speech therapy each week...five appointments all together! I'm going to have to get her a planner before too much longer. Things are going well, and she is responding appropriately...but she still has her days. Feedings are still through her G-Button, but we got rid of the pump a few weeks ago! Praise the Lord. We want to "feed her a bottle" so badly, but for now she is thriving and that's really what counts.
So, for our first "Margaret Monday" prayer request...
Please pray for more normalized tone for Margaret. Muscle tone is such a big deal! Tone is something we struggle with everyday and it can be influenced by so many things (mood, weather, illness...). Marty and I are learning that we take so much "stuff that just happens for us without doing anything" for granted. Margaret's tone plays a role in her physical development, motor development, her vision, her hearing, her "sucking", and on and on. A more normalized tone would be huge for her!
Thanks so much in advance for all of your prayers! I can't wait to see what God has in store for Margaret...she is such a gift!
Spring 2023
3 years ago







Sending lots of prayers Margaret's way! She is so precious! Thank you for sharing your blog!
ReplyDeleteShe is so adorable! Specific prayers will definitely be added to my general prayers for her, you and Marty. I'm so proud that you have such a strong faith at your young age and realize it is the only way to survive life! Kiss Margaret for me and I love you all! Aunt Judy
ReplyDelete